FLASH SALE! OG-107 Utility Pants in British Millerain Waxed Cotton Tartan | Made To Order
$ 195 $ 245
- High rise medium weight non-stretch 100% cotton pants
- Runs small, recommended to size up if you're between sizes or want a more comfortable fit
- Waxed cotton tartan plaid- amazing water-resistant fabric made by British Millerain, the original manufacturer of waxed cotton since 1880. Chera is their signature wax cotton; one of the earliest fabrics to be manufactured by British Millerain. Soft to the touch with a matte appearance, Chera ages during wear which produces unique garments with increasing aesthetic appeal. Please be sure to read all fabric info and care instructions below.
- High quality durable construction, made to last.
- Fit & style is an homage to OG-107 US Army pants but has been updated for a more modern fit. Meant to have a comfortable relaxed fit.
- Features zip-up front with tack button closure, belt loops, two deep front patch pockets, and two back flap pockets with tack button closures.
- Straight legs with cropped fit to sit over boots.
- Designed by Backbite owner Brit and ethically made in small batches by denim specialists in LA.
**Please allow 6-8 weeks for your pants to be made and shipped out**
Waxed fabric care instructions
- Do not wash, do not dry clean, do not tumble-dry
- Do not iron
- Do not bleach
- Brush off mud when dry and sponge the area with cold water
- Avoid contact with alcohol-based products, fabric softeners and solvent cleaners
- Never use soap or detergents
- Regular re-proofing with Millerain wax will maintain the weatherproof properties of the fabric and prolong garment life
Waxed cotton is a very unique finish, with distinct characteristics. There are a number of points to consider when transporting, storing and handling waxed cotton garments. Wax is a ‘wet’ finish; it is not chemically fixed to the fabric. The wax is pressed into the cotton yarns under carefully controlled temperature and pressure. The surface of waxed cotton will mark and crease where handled and come off when scraped. These markings are not faults and are a normal, inherent characteristic of the finish. The oily feel of the fabric will also dry during garment fabrication, age and wear, leading to garments with an appearance unique to the individual wearer.
Brit is 5'9", size small, 27.5" waist, and wearing a size 25 in photos.
ABOUT THE OG-107 STYLE:
The OG-107 was the basic work utility uniform, also known as fatigues, of all branches of the US Armed Forces. They were made for US Army soldiers for training and utility work purposes, however, the green army pants later started to be worn by civil workers, especially by bakers, due to their comfort. Because of this, OG-107 pants are also referred to as "baker" pants.
The designation came from the US Army's coloring code "Olive Green 107" and "Olive Green 507", which were shades of dark green, the OG-107 being cotton and OG-507 polyester-cotton blend introduced in the early 1970s.
MADE TO ORDER ITEMS ARE RETURNABLE FOR STORE CREDIT, SEE FAQ SECTION FOR ALL INFO REGARDING RETURNS.